Thermal Management Design
Thermal & Fluid Flow Analysis
|Measuring fabric airflow impedance||Two-phase immersion liquid cooling|
Flow / Thermal Experiments
ECS has lab facilities to complement our analytical and modeling tools and our other thermal consulting resources. Our test facilities are used for construction of test vehicles, prototype testing as well as other design-driven experimental work.
ECS has the necessary test equipment and expertise to make volumetric airflow, air velocity, liquid mass flow rate, and temperature measurements. Airflow can be measured over a range of 0.3 to 4000 CFM.
Performance testing of fans and blowers, impedance measurement of filters, perforated plates and other materials used to ensure EMC and safety compliance can be easily done in our lab, as well.
Our team has the expertise and access to resources to conduct tests at high and low temperature conditions, and simulated high altitude conditions. We have expertise and access to acoustic testing resources and can provide our customers with sound pressure and sound power measurements per ISO 7779.
|Temperature / humidity testing for servers||Server acclimation testing|
Volumetric Air Flow Measurements
- Airflow through systems and assemblies
- Impedance characterization of filters, screens, assemblies
- Performance characterization of fans and blowers
Air Velocity Measurements
- Quantify airflow at specific locations
- Experimental evaluation of airflow distribution
- Case / component, enclosure, and air temperatures using thermocouples and automated data acquisition
- Thermal resistance and junction temperature measurements using resistor and diode test chips
- Elevated temperature and simulated high altitude measurements
- Single and Tandem Fan Testing: Evaluate potential aero and efficiency performance enhancement of the fan chassis enclosure through empirical characterization of single & multiple fan configurations, in open and in-situ conditions, with and without inter-stage flow straighteners
- CPU heat sinks: Carry out thermal performance characterization and validation test work.
- DIMMs: Carry out thermal performance characterization and validation test work.
- Liquid to Air Heat Exchangers: Carry out fluid flow characterization for the air-side and liquid-side