SENIOR RESEARCH ENGINEER – THERMOFLUIDS
- Develop liquid cooling systems for high density high power state of the art ASIC packages.
- Carry out CFD simulations on multiphase internal flows.
- Perform rigorous pressure, velocity, flow rate and temperature measurements in different scales and conduct validation studies on cold plates, heat exchangers, embedded MEMS flow/thermal devices.
- Build and validate thermal test vehicles (TTV).
- Post-process experimental and simulation data, data-reduction, and build engineering correlations,
- Develop reduced order models and simplified engineering tools for design engineers.
- Through simulation and experiments, design and optimize cold plates, compact heat exchangers, embedded MEMS flow/thermal devices.
- Use FloTHERM to perform product design as needed
- Prepare research reports and proposals.
- S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong background in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and numerical methods.
- Experience with multiphase flows.
- Firm understanding of turbulence, boiling, separated and dispersed flows, and VOF model.
- Experience with meshing, CFD, FEA or multi-physics simulation software tools (ANSYS preferred, COMSOL, OpenFoam).
- Experience with instrumentation, data collection and post-processing, i.e. LabVIEW and/or various DAQ systems,
- Experience with temperature, pressure, velocity and flow rate measurements.
- Familiarity with TIM requirements and material options for high performance ASICs, processors, FPGAs
- Exposure and knowledge of optical media including thermal limitations, options for heatsinking pluggable media, etc.
- Track record of publications, patents and relevant technical documents.
- Familiarity with microfabrication techniques.
- 5 years (preferred) of research and/or engineering experience following graduate studies.
Position is for 18 months, but could be extended.
Salary and other compensation TBD (will be based on experience and other qualifications)
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org