Title: Thermal Engineer
- Participate in meetings with clients to identify thermal design requirements and to propose work necessary to address customer needs.
- Complete thermal design and analysis work for customers who design equipment for telecommunication environments and data centers as well as for consumer products.
- Perform computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis using FloTHERM, FloTHERM XT, and Ansys ICEPAK for complicated thermal systems to guide design.
- Design and implementation of test plans for specific customer designs.
- Carry out thermal testing using an airflow bench, thermocouples, pressure gauges, flow meters, data acquisition tools and other lab equipment.
- Generation of test reports according to customer requirements.
- Review and conduct mechanical design using PTC Creo and Dassault Systemes SolidWorks.
- Participate in generating material that will be presented at technical conferences and forums.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering and 6 months as Thermal Engineer, Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Engineer, or a related occupation required. 3 graduate-level mechanical engineering courses in thermal science required. Employer accepts full-time or equivalent part-time experience (including academic research experience) gained before, after or during graduate studies.
The required experience must include 6 months of experience in thermal science with the following:
- Building computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations using FloTHERM, FloTHERM XT, and Ansys ICEPAK to perform thermal analysis to guide design;
- Thermal testing methodologies including use of lab equipment, power meters, data acquisition tools such as the Keysight 34970A Data Logger and the National Instruments LabVIEW;
- Using thermocouples, pressure gauges and flow meters;
- Using airflow benches to measure volumetric air flow; and
- Using mechanical design tools (PTC Creo and Dassault Systemes SolidWorks) to conduct mechanical design.
Employer’s name: Electronic Cooling Solutions, Inc.
Job site: 2344B Walsh Avenue, Building F, Santa Clara, CA 95051
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with Job# 106 to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.